Tuesday, June 5, 2007

keep on truckin'

turned in my last paper of the quarter. 4 of 4.

now I just need to finish up my reflective journal.

I have two take homes that I won't get until next week.... so maybe this weekend will be fun-filled for once.

After being made justificably guilty for not always having some knitting in my backpack (thanks FLiCKs gals) I am now carrying around the hat I am making for Justin. I pulled it out during an informational panel on the thesis process yesterday, and distracted one of the presenters from what she was saying. People around me were looking, and I was like, yeah, that's right, I'm knittin'.... I wasn't making any noise or anything, but I guess it is still considered odd to knit in public? I'm glad I did it though. I'm using 100 percent alpaca and it is so soft and soothing. Actually helped me concentrate on the presentations because I was so relaxed.

So, so far for craft day the suggestions are:

Ultimate Knitting Machine
Travel Wallet
Unravelling sweaters

Well, I'll bring my knitting, no matter what.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the plan was to do the USM here at FIDM so that we don't have to take up craft day with that. Unless you want to learn how to use it too, then it's absolutely no problem to do it at craft day.

Anonymous said...

oh, and congratulations on getting through the quarter!! and on public knitting!!

Anonymous said...

I saw that travel wallet in Robin's copy of the magazine and am interested in making one. I even went to the website and downloaded the patterns. That would be a good way to incorporate the oft-neglected sewing into craft day...