Thursday, February 1, 2007

Virtual craftyness

I'm becoming a big fan of virtual exhibitions. So are the people at the International Quilt Study Center at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. They have a quilt of the month virtual exhibition where you can sign up and they will let you know when their next quilt is on "exhibit." I often think that I could be a quilter, and more accurately, I wish I could be, since I am in love with the use of color and patterns that go into quilts. I first fell in love with quilts when I ran across an article about the Gee's Bend Quilts. I love the USPS for making some of them into stamps. I used them on all my Christmas cards.

And not to leave out the fiber crowd, the Yarn Museum has handspun skeins on display. It is a quick yarn fix, unless of course you are like me, and link back to the spinners' website and get mesmerized by all the fun.

No comments: