Monday, September 10, 2007

*SIGH*

Good News: I got to see an oral surgeon today, and I am having my wisdom teeth removed Friday, at 8 am.

Bad News: *sigh* I may lose other teeth that were impacted by my wisdom teeth, and I may end up with holes in my sinuses that will need to be surgically closed.

I know that the oral surgeon was being upfront, and giving me a worse case-scenario, since so many ppl in LA sue their doctors, he was letting me know all that could happen, but it just scared the crap out of me. I don't even have pain from these teeth, and yet they are a major problem.

I've never been under (which isn't covered by my insurance!) and the dentist said that since my teeth are fully developed that there will be a lot of bruising on my face and there will be a long recovery period.

Fantastic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! I had no idea all that can happen. I've been stubbornly holding on to my wisdom teeth, thinking that as long as my dentist doesn't seem to mind, I sure don't mind either. How did they find out that you needed all this work?

- Miss Sophie said...

Well, I have a dentist who is a perfectionist, so I didn't think much of it when he freaked out that I still have my wisdom teeth. But then the x-rays showed that they are all at angles, not straight in, which is causing all of these problems. If your teeth are straight in, and your dentist doesn't want to pull the, then you should be fine... but I am not a dentist, so don't take me word for it.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Well, I really hope it goes OK for you. Keep us posted.