Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Poems of Color

Just finished reading this book. It is a really neat story about the Bohus knitting cottage industry in Sweden. The author also secured permission to publish the patterns, which were due not to be released for publication for another decade or so. I'm not sure if I'll ever feel confident to do colorwork like that, but it is very inspiring. Looking at the beautiful wool/angora yokes makes me just want to knit a ribbon of the colorwork and then graft it to something. My library system (serving a major metropolitan area) only has two copies, and I have one of them! The other is a reference copy, which never leaves the central branch. I am blown away sometimes at collection development choices. I had to wait a little over three weeks for this copy! I guess I'll get to learn all about that, since I have my first "coll dev" class next week. Thankfully they moved it to Fall from Spring.

P.S. I admit that I am biased when it comes to knitting books. Although, sometimes, knitting books that I consider crap are purchased in bulk, so who knows. I guess they got a high review in Booklist.

No comments: