Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

My first action as an older person was to get my big toe caught on the edge of the bathtub as I was getting in for a shower.

As a mature older person I did not yell "M*****f***!!" That hurt!" I just checked to make sure that I hadn't broken my toe, and was thankful that I had health insurance so that if I had broken it, I could go to the doctor.

I'm having a bit of a quarter-life crisis (to use a hip new term) because I had some milestones set out for myself by the time I was 26 that I have not accomplished, so I am having to re-adjust some views/plans that had become pretty firm in my mind. I do not have a child, I am still living in an apt, I am still in school, etc. Life is pretty great though, and that, I guess, also bothers me, because my life is good and I didn't meet some target milestones. The earth didn't shake, etc. Overall, I guess that is a good thing.

Today is also the anniversary of the moon landing!

No comments: